Forward exchange contracts
Forward exchange contracts allow you to buy or sell a currency at a fixed exchange rate with delivery made on a given date or dates in the future.
- Protect against adverse movements in exchange rates
- Budget for future contracts without worrying about the exchange rate
- Contracts available in most major currencies
How to apply
For more information contact our international business team on 0845 300 0101 (open 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays). Alternatively, fill out a request for further information form or download our Forward exchange contracts guide (pdf)..
- Fix the rate of exchange on foreign currency transactions on a specified date or for a period of time.
- Available for any business dealing in one or more foreign currencies; you get a fixed rate of exchange for the sale or purchase of a set amount of foreign currency.
- The rate of exchange is guaranteed enabling you to determine what your costs or income will be.
- The value of transactions in the future can be accurately calculated.
- Contracts are available in most major currencies.
- You pay the foreign exchange rate which is based on the spot rate on the day of the deal. A forward exchange contract is binding and will have to be cancelled if you don't use it, this may result in a profit or loss depending on the exchange rate on the day of cancellation.
How to Apply
Call our international business team on 0845 300 0101 (open 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays).